Arrangement of Dissertation Defense for International Graduate Students in 2021 (Summer)
Colleges, supervisors and international graduate students who intend to apply for a degree this semester:
In order to smoothly promote and ensure the progress of the international graduate degree award in 2021 (summer), under the premise of ensuring the quality of the dissertation and combining with actual requirements, the international graduate dissertation defense work arrangements are notified as follows:
1. International graduate students who meet the requirements for dissertation defense could attend the college organized dissertation defense after the results of the dissertation submission is returned.
2. International doctoral and master's degree thesis defense requirements and procedures should be conducted in accordance with " International Graduate Degree Awarding Rules of Shaanxi University of Science and Technology (Trial) ".
3. Considering that some international students are still staying abroad, the dissertation defense can be conducted in a both online and offline manner. Video conference platforms with file sharing, such as ZOOM, Tencent meeting, DingTalk could be chosen.
4. International graduate students that participated in the defense should obey the school's arrangements. In briefly, you should be familiar with the dissertation defense platform and defense process, and provide relevant defense materials (including the electronic version of the dissertation, etc.) to the defense secretary in advance. Subsequently, the defense secretary will submit defense materials to the defense committee members.
5. The school defense secretary needs to master the dissertation defense procedures and requirements in advance such as online use of defense platform with the members of defense committee and students. Furthermore, the secretary should prepare defense records and preserve the relevant video materials in the process (It at least contains screenshots or photos of the defense students and the committees) .
6. The school must submit the defense schedule of all international graduate students participating in the defense (including the list of defense committee, time, location or platform and conference link, etc.) to the College of International Education for record three days in advance.
7. The College of International Education will arrange supervisors to supervise and inspect the organization process of the dissertation defense of each school.
8. International graduate students on campus can collect paper defense materials from each school. International graduate students that participated in the defense off campus can fill in the electronic defense materials. What's more, graduate students should fill in the relevant information truthfully before, during and after the defense, according to the filling requirements, defense members, supervisors and students require hand-signed (electronic signatures can be used for international graduate students abroad), and then submit it to the international exchange secretary of the school. Finally, defense materials must be submit to the College of International Education after sorting out by the school.
College of International Education
May 12, 2021